Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Quick Update

Life has been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to write about it. I really need to make it a priority, and I'm going to try and do better. There's been a lot of really great things, as well as really tough things, that have happened over the last week and a half since I've arrived back at school. I wish I had the time to go into more detail, but for now a brief overview will have to do.

Almost two weeks ago I decided to give up alcohol for a while. My next drink will be the toast at the wedding I'm going to in mid October. It was hard at first to not drink when I went to parties or out with people, but I'm getting used to it now and I'm glad I'm taking a break from it. It's actually a lot easier than I imagined it would be.

I spent last weekend down in Fayetteville, WV camping and white water rafting. My friend Steve is getting married in three weeks (The next time I get to see Maria!) and he wanted to go white water rafting for his bachelor party. He came down with a bunch of my buddies from Lansing and we had a really good time. It's a different going to a bachelor party and staying completely sober when everyone else is drinking, but if nothing else it gave me a different perspective on drinking.

Things between Maria and I are still going really well. We make sure to talk every night and I feel very satisfied with where we are at right now. The distance is hard, and always will be, but our hearts are growing closer and that's what matters. I've really been able to grow a lot as a person while we've been together - partly because of her and partly because of the environment I'm living in right now. She's definitely a very special girl and there's a lot of potential for our relationship; she's a big blessing to me.

I've had tests in four of my six classes so far and received grades on three of those tests. I'm getting an A in all three of those classes so far (Intro to Psych, Spanish, Foundations of Catholicism) and I'm hoping for a B in Biology, which I just took today. I have tests in the other two classes coming up at the end of this week and the beginning of next week. I've definitely been plenty busy studying lately!

Life is treating me very well overall and I'm still very thankful that I took the risk to go back to school and to leave Auto-Owners behind. I just can't imagine how miserable I'd be if I was still there and spending my days wishing I was doing something else.

No comments: