Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Letter To Maria (September 7, 2007)

Maria,

Last night we talked briefly about Kathleen and you questioned whether I had wanted to, or felt like I should be free to pursue a girl at school rather than starting a long distance relationship with you.

When I was discerning what we should do with our friendship I did give that option plenty of consideration. There was already some potential between Kathleen and I and I thought about taking the time to see where that went. I also knew that if nothing happened between her and I that it was only a matter of time before I met a girl at Franciscan that I would click with. I have enough self-awareness and confidence in myself to know that it's easy for me to meet girls and for the most part they end up liking me - or at least they like the idea of who they think I am. (You were a lot harder to win over, but I'm thankful for that) I know that if I hadn't already met someone down here in Kathleen that there was plenty of hope for meeting a girl on campus in the future.

There is all this potential around me, yet when it came time to choose I didn't leave the option open to met someone down here.

Why? Not a single girl on campus is Maria Therese Shaheen. None of them are YOU.

You are special to me and it was very easy to choose you. I have never enjoyed talking to a woman as much as I enjoy talking to you and I really believe that our friendship is special and that you are a gift from God. I am very thankful; that you are in my life and that I can call you my girlfriend. That's an honor that I never thought I'd have.

I am attracted to you first and foremost because of who you are; your heart, mind, and soul. You are a woman of God, an excellent listener, fun to listen to, you have a wonderful heart and a great personality. You are also a very beautiful woman. I love your smile, your pretty eyes, your long hair, and your beautiful face. I am very much looking forward to being with you and seeing you again. It's going to be an awesome weekend!

Your brother in Christ,
Jonathan

No comments: