Thursday, September 13, 2007

Home Free!

I survived my first two tests and I feel like I did really well. I spent the afternoon trying to get caught up on Spanish homework before I head home for the weekend. I just have two classes tomorrow and then I'm heading to Lansing. I'm planning on meeting up with Jeff and Stephen for dinner and then getting together with Heidi for a quick drink before I head to my parents house to get some sleep. It's going to be strange sleeping there rather than in my old house. It certainly won't feel like home; my home is in Steubenville. Or, if you want to get poetic than my home is in Grand Rapids with Maria, where my heart is.

I'm not heading to Lansing to hang out with people though, it's just a stop along the way to my ultimate goal. I'll be taking off early on Saturday morning and heading out to Grand Rapids and I'm going to get to see Maria for the first time since we started dating. Yeah, it still seems crazy that we started dating AFTER I left town, but I'm glad that we are.

We've had a chance to talk almost every day and I'm content with how things are going. I would love to share a lot more of my life with her, but that's not possible right now and I'm okay with that - at least for the next 36 hours. I actually think that it's going to get harder after this weekend. We are at least somewhat used to not seeing each other right now and only having the phone to communicate. After spending two days with her I know that I'm going to have a much harder time being away.

For now I have the weekend to look forward.

No comments: