Sunday, September 9, 2007

Highlights From Irish Fest

I spent my Saturday evening in Pittsburgh at 'Irish Fest' and had a blast. I drove and Ricardo, Devon, and Stephanie road with me. We went down with three other cars of people but the four of us spent most of the evening together. There were some VERY memorable moments from the evening:

-Starting out in a bad mood because I spent the day reading about Sigmund Freud

-Eating bangers and mashed!

-Asking Patrick how his girlfriend was, only to find out they broke up the day after I met her

-Rocking out in the third row to Gaelic Storm

-Driving around Pittsburgh in circles (seriously - we passed the same building FOUR times) for an hour trying to get to Mullaney's Harp and Fiddle Pub because Devon was our navigator and was too tired to remember where we were going

-Making two illegal U-turns in downtown Pittsburgh while trying to find the bar

-Devon calling her brother to find out where to go while we were waiting for a light to turn green, only to have Ricardo spot the sign right in front of us

-Parallel parking in under 10 seconds

-Learning that Michigan lost 39-7 to Oregon and is now 0-2 on the season

-Seeing the members of Gaelic Storm show up at the bar we went to

-The 'older' lady who had too much to drink and was wandering around Mullaney's and rocking out to the band

-The fiddler in the band at Mullaney's. He was Indian and he told everyone he had to leave early because he was opening at 7-11 the next morning. "Thank you, come again!"

-Going in reverse (The wrong way AND backwards at the same time) down a major highway because I passed up yet another exit and I was tired of doing U-turns

-Another illegal U-turn in Robinson

-Getting a text message from Maria saying that she was Salsa dancing and wished I was there with her; If only she knew how badly I wished I was there too

-Driving around Steubenville for half an hour trying to find a place that we could eat at

-Settling for Chicken Nuggets at McDonalds at 2:00 in the morning because I tried to order a hamburger and they don't serve hamburgers at that time of night. It's freaking McDonalds. It exists BECAUSE of the hamburger and you can't order it? It's not like they were serving breakfast food yet. Unbelievable!

-Eating on the trunk of Devon's car because Ricardo, Devon, and I all went through the McDonald's drive through in separate vehicles

-Ricardo had to settle for Chicken Nuggets because he couldn't get a hamburger either

-Not being able to share any of my evening with the person I most wanted to

No comments: