Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Package For Maria (September 8, 2007)

Maria,

I've been listening to a lot of music while I've been doing homework as well as when I've been thinking bout you. I thought I'd send you a CD of a few of my favorite songs - all of which remind me of you. I wanted to let you know why each song is on the CD, and you can find that below.

1) Faking My Own Suicide - Relient K
I thought this was a great song to put first because it makes me think of the summer when I wanted for you to like me, but couldn't get you to do so. Luckily all I had to do was go away to school and I didn't have to go to the extreme that the song talks about!

2) Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
This song makes me think of you because over the summer you definitely showed me that you had a very independent attitude and there seemed to be walls up around your heart due to being hurt. The song talks about the change this girl goes through, and I saw that same sort of change occur in you during the last month.

3) Going Away To College - Blink 182
I've liked this song since I first went away to college, but i never had any real meaning in my life until now. I think it describes how each of us were feeling over the last two weeks before we talked about our friendship. It's a song about worrying that you've been forgotten.

4) I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders
If I could have only sent one song then this would have been it. The lyrics tell the rest of the story.

5) Hey There Delilah (Maria) - Plain White T's
This is one of the most popular songs on the radio right now and it deals with two people who are at a distance from each other, yet their hearts are still together. There are hopes and dreams for the future; It's a very bitter sweet song.

6) Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard
A great song about missing someone and reminiscing about the summer

7) When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne
Hopefully you like this song as much as I do

8) I'm Taking You With Me - Relient K
If only I could.

9) A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
Another great song about missing someone who is a great distance away

10) Must Have Done Something Right - Relient K
Yes, this is the third Relient K song on this CD. That's okay! "I'm racking my brain for a new improved way to let you know you're more to me than what I know how to say."

11) Someday - Larue
I've been listening to this song for almost ten years now. You probably have never heard it, but it's a great song and I think you'll like it.

12) My Maria - Brooks and Dunn
Why? It's your 'favourite' song!

13) Hopefully you'll enjoy these songs. Let me now what you think!

You're in my thoughts and prayers always,
Jonathan

No comments: