Monday, July 16, 2007

There's Potential

Maria was at soccer tonight and she needed a ride home, which meant that I was around her and relating to her more than normal tonight.

The more I'm around her the less I like her as a friend.

Heidi and I were talking about it, and when we first met her in West Virginia she was very sweet and humble. Well, she changed a lot the last day of the trip and we quickly found out that she is very sarcastic and even quite mean at times. When I asked her to take a walk with me and had a chance to talk to her she mentioned that when she's around her friends she is very sarcastic and degrading to them, but that's who she is so she's okay with it.

When her and I are alone and talking she does a good job, most of the time, being serious and actually talking about things. She's had her moments of being a great friend, but as soon as she's in a group situation she becomes completely sarcastic and I actually don't like relating to her.

My heart feels torn in a way because she's two completely different people to me. I really like one side of her and I very much dislike the other side. I'll be writing my 'last letter' to her eventually to thank her for helping me make the decision to go back to school, but if I don't have a chance to talk to her about her sarcasm beforehand then I'll be putting that in the letter as well.

I love the girl like she's my sister and it bothers me that I see so much potential in her, yet most of the way she relates to people is in a sarcastic and degrading way. She's only 21 so I know she has time to grow up still.

I just hope she does.

No comments: