Monday, July 9, 2007

Amazingly Hot

It’s Monday and I’m back at work again. It was a really hot weekend with temperatures reaching 98F in the sun and the heat index easily cracking 100F. I don’t use air conditioning at home because I don’t mind the heat, other than when I’m trying to sleep. I was looking forward to coming to work this morning just to get out of the heat. My house was still about 91F when I left this morning.

I arrived at work just before 7:00 and climbed the stairs to my floor. Usually the air conditioning hits me when I first walk through the doors but it was kind of stuffy this morning. I was walking to my cubicle expecting the cold air to hit me, but it never happened. It turns out that our air conditioning was off all weekend and the building was a steamy 92F. I love the heat, but 92F is quite hot when I’m wearing dress pants, a long sleeve shirt, and a tie.

One of my coworkers who is in charge of Corporate Travel stopped me to show me an message that our CEO had sent her. Originally he wrote an email to her to ask her how much a ticket to Hawaii would cost, and she replied with a quote of around $800. Well he printed out this email and wrote a message on the bottom of it asking her to resend the quote because he misplaced it. That would be fine if he ACTUALLY misplaced it, but he wrote that message on the thing he thought he misplaced. We got a good laugh out of that. That's why American corporations pay our CEO's the big bucks!

Other than that it’s been a normal day. I am waiting on my realtor to give me a ring so I can talk to her about getting my house listed ASAP. I need to call Karen, the lady who runs the Mother Teresa house, and let her know that my last shift will be August 2nd. I am mailing out my $300 deposit check this afternoon and I’ll be calling tomorrow to see if I can make an appointment to come and tour the campus and meet with an academic advisor.

My friend Heidi wanted to ride down with me, and my friend Sarah who actually goes to FUS is interested in hitching a ride so she can hang out with some friends. I need to find out when they can go next week and then make the call.

I was talking to Sarah and Andrea last night to see if they knew of any guys who were looking for roommates since they both go to FUS. Andrea’s brother just happens to be looking, but Sarah tells me that he might not be the best roommate for me to have. I haven’t gotten the details as of yet, but next time we talk she’s supposed to fill me in. In the meantime, she knows a bunch of guys that she thinks would really make good roommates and she’s trying to find out if they have an open spot in their house. Right now I’m most excited about that opportunity, but I can’t imagine God will make it that easy for me to find housing. That’d be awesome if He did though!

I have a large aquarium (125 gallons) that I need to sell also. I’ve had it since I turned 16 and I really like it, but there’s no way I am taking it to school with me. I just hope I can find a good home for the fish. I also have a very large (200+) collection of computer games that I’m looking to sell. I need to get started on selling those on Ebay. Even if I make just a small profit on each one it could net me a few hundred dollars which would be really helpful.

No comments: