Thursday, July 26, 2007

Something I Wrote, Titled 'Hurt'

It hurts when you say that you're lonely
And you're standing right there beside me
It hurts when I know that you need me
But by your side you won't let me be
So I drop down to both of my knees
And pray that you'll be able to see
That you will always be loved by me

So,

Help me help you when no one else is there
Help me help you, let me show you I care

Because,

It hurts when you need me but won't let me break your fall
It tears me up inside; I feel like I'm unwanted, unneeded, and small
It hurts when you say you want to try this on your own
Because there's no more excuses to go through life alone
So turn around, embrace the best friend you've ever known

Because,

It hurts so very badly when you don't see
Exactly how much you really mean to me
If I cannot love then I don't wish to live
It hurts too much when I'm not allowed to give

No comments: