Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Remember That....

I wrote a letter to my co-worker Jacqueline today to thank her for something and I got the following response:

"Thanks for making me cry...well, almost cry. I choked it back."

Jacqueline,

I've been meaning to thank you for something you said to me for almost two years. It was way back in August of 2005 and Jessica had just left me and I was feeling completely hopeless and worthless. At the end of the day on a Friday I went over to let you know what was going on so that you wouldn't come over to my cube and make any more jokes about her and I.

Towards the end of our conversation you were trying to give me some hope for the future and you told me that you were sure I'd eventually find a good girl because I was a good guy who was fun to be around and that I was cute. If you said that to me today it would make no difference in my life, but two years ago it brought me out of the dumps and gave me some hope and confidence in myself. I had planned to stay in that weekend and just be depressed. Instead I decided to get out and start rebuilding my life. That wouldn't have happened, at least not then, if it wasn't for your kind words. You gave me the push I needed to get back on my feet and get to where I am today. Thank you for that, I won't ever forget it.

Until I get Alzheimer's at least.

Your friend and coworker,
Jonathan

No comments: