Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Short Introduction

I'm not creating this blog for anyone other than myself. If other people eventually read it then I hope they are inspired by it, although I think I may be giving myself to much credit to think that anyone would be inspired by me.

I'm currently discerning whether or not God is calling me to make a major life change or not right now. Right now I'm 25, I graduated from Michigan State University just over a year and a half ago with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and I've been working full time at a good and stable programming job since. I live around my family and I have so many awesome friends. I'm busy every single night of the week hanging out with people and I couldn't ask for a better group of friends. I bought a house which I love, my job is low stress with good hours, good pay, good benefits, good retirement plan, etc. It's everything I could ever want in a programming job and if I program for the rest of my career then I'll probably stick around for the next 40 years of my life.

The thing is, I don't think that is what God has planned for my life and I'm currently deciding whether or not I should go back to school this fall and give up my job, friends, house, living by my family, and any other comforts that my currently stable life offers.

This blog is a way for me to journal my thoughts and whatever ends up happening in my life due to my decision. I have about two weeks to make the decision, so there's no pressure! ;-)

For now, I'm off to Saturday morning Confession followed by Mass. Praying about things is the most important thing for me to do right now.

No comments: