Monday, July 16, 2007

Lonely

I am going to miss my friends so very much. This is the second week that I drove home from soccer in Grand Rapids with Jeff and Heidi and I felt completely alone when I thought about how much I'm going to miss them.

I still wonder half of the time why I'm actually leaving my life behind and going back to school. I know it's what God wants from me and there is NO way I would be doing this otherwise.

I'm going down to Steubenville this coming Sunday and I have my tour of the campus and appointment with an admissions counselor. I'll be driving down with Sarah and Andrea who both go to Steubenville, so at least I don't have to make the treck alone. Also, it's great to know that I actually know four or five people who go there so I won't be completely alone.

My old roommate from home is going there but I don't think he's ever really connected with anyone. I figure that if I can get him to hang out with me I can meet people AND help him get a bit more connected. It should end up being a mutual thing, which will be good.

For now I'll just be offering up my loneliness and praying that God will help me to keep trusting in Him.

No comments: