Thursday, August 30, 2007

R.I.P. Cell Phone

I've had my cell phone for almost two years and we've had some good times together. It was the first cell phone I ever owned so I've been pretty attached to it. When my phone was young and full of energy I could have four hour conversations on it without having to charge it. I've sent many text messages, taken many pictures with it, and even threw out my wrist watch and used the cell phone as my trusty clock. I connected with a lot of friends through it and my life wouldn't be the same with out my loyal cell phone. My total talk time was 571 hours, 22 minutes, and 55 seconds. Every second we spent together was good, and I'll cherish them forever.

My LG-100 died on me last night and it's gone for good. I pulled my charger out of it and part of the internals of the phone came with it. I tried desperately to save it. The Heimlich maneuver, CPR, a defibrillator, putting the internals back inside and plugging the charger in.

Nothing worked.

Today I will make my final journey with my phone as we head to Robinson, PA where the nearest Verizon store is. Mapquest tells me that it'll take 40 minutes to get there. I plan on it being a day long journey as I reminisce about all the good times and mourn the times that never will be. No matter what new features my new phone has, it just won't be the same.

You were good to me, and you will be missed.

No comments: