Monday, August 20, 2007

Another Letter To Maria

Maria,

I have about 18 hours left to pray about our friendship before I see you at soccer for the last time before I head down to school. I don't know what we'll decide, if we decide anything, but there are a few things I do know that I want you to remember.

First off, I really appreciate your openness and your honesty. You completely laid yourself out tonight when we were on the phone and you put your heart in my hands to either accept or reject. I know you felt that I had probably lost interest in you because of the roller coaster ride I've been on recently, but that's not true. I gained a lot of respect for you since you called, admitted that you've been been doing the best you can and that you realized that you made a mistake. I always feel you're honest with me, but your sincerity tonight rose to an all new level.

I'm also glad to see you growing in so many ways and learning about yourself and about life, partly due to our friendship. I really papreciated your apology ealier today for how you've treated me over the summer. Afer today I really feel like you have a very beautiful heart; moreso than I've felt before.

You're a good woman, Maria. I'm looking forward to talking to you Monday night.

Your brother in Christ,
Jonathan

No comments: