Sunday, August 19, 2007

Two Years Makes A World Of A Difference

If I had thrown a goodbye party two years ago, I would have had my family show up.

And that's about it.

I had distanced myself from my friends, Jessica had left me, and my parents and brother were all I had left. I started building my life from scratch almost exactly two years ago: I started going out and being a part of the St. Thomas Aquinas young adults group, I made friends at Auto-Owners, I volunteered at the Mother Teresa House, I made new friends at MSU as I finished school and graduated. After two years of putting myself out there and doing the best I can to love people in the Lansing area it was time to move on. I wanted to say goodbye one last time so I threw a party and invited the people who meant the most to me.

46 people showed up, and tonight I realized for the first time just how many people's lives I've touched.

No comments: