Friday, August 24, 2007

Prince Charming

8-21-07

It’s my first night away from Lansing, and so far life is good. David, and I left our parents house after dinner tonight and drove down to Ohio. The only memorable part of the drive was when we got into a small town and we couldn’t go straight because their entire main street was flooded. We had to make a left hand turn and street after street was flooded in the same area. It had been raining, but not that hard. It must have been a water main that broke because it was just a strip about 100 yards wide that was flooded.

I actually have no idea where in Ohio I’m staying tonight since I just followed David, but we are staying with his friend Paul and that’s good enough for me. Paul just graduated from Ave Maria last year and he’s living at home with his family. He has two sisters who are really cool. Rene is the older of the two girls at 17, and Mary is the younger at 12. We didn’t get in until shortly before midnight, but Paul’s mom heated up left over Lasagna, made a salad, toasted some bread, and scooped ice cream for us for dessert. I think the most memorable part of dinner was when David, Paul, and I were joking around and I said ‘Ewww….she smells like girl’. Yeah, you had to be there.

Paul and David are avid NASCAR fans and I used to be a fan when I had time to sit down and watch the races. Paul had just bought a NASCAR board game, so David, Paul, Rene, Mary, and I all sat down for a competitive race. I was doing awesome for the first 3 out of 5 laps and then everything fell apart. I went from being in the lead to barely coming home with third place. It was a lot of fun playing with everyone though, so my defeat wasn’t too disheartening.

We finished around 2AM and since we have to be up early we decided to call it a night. Rene and Mary were super generous and they offered to sleep on the floor so that David and I could each have a bed. I didn’t want to accept it, but I knew it’d be rude to argue. The last thing I’m doing before going to sleep tonight is curling up with the Cinderella pillow on Mary’s…well…my bed.

Tonight I’m sleeping with a princess.

No comments: