Friday, August 24, 2007

What's Gone Wrong So Far

8-22-2007

The air stinks in Steubenville. Badly.

My brother has been to Paris and to Los Angeles, so he knows stinky air when he comes across it. Steubenville smells worse than both of those cities according to him, and I can already feel the lung cancer forming after moving everything into my room.

All of the electrical outlets in our apartment are old school and only support two prongs; there are no grounding prongs in any of the plugs. This would be okay except for the fact that Brett and I don’t have anything to plug in that DOESN’T have the normal two prongs AND the grounding prong. That might be a problem.

I’ve spent the day sweating in the sun at Cedar Point and it’s hot and humid here tonight. I’m dripping sweat and I smell awful. I have no soap and I have no towels. Then there was the FREAKING HUGE centipede in my shower that I chased down and killed. When I got into the shower I found out that there is a large window on the wall that the shower is on. That’s cool, except it’s the ONLY window in the whole place that doesn’t have a BLIND. If I was a girl I’d be flashing the entire world while just trying to get clean.

Oh, and I have no toilet paper. If only I hadn’t given the extra roll that I found in my car to Maria last Thursday….

My cell phone is about to die and I have no idea where my charger is. That’s at least normal.
Other than that I’m really excited to be here in Steubenville. I’ve only been in town for three hours and I’ve already met half a dozen people who were all really friendly.

Life is good.

No comments: