Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Better Than Kindergarten

Twenty one months ago I finished my last exam at Michigan State and I vowed to never step foot in a college classroom again. God has a different plan for my life than I thought, and I start down that path today.

It's the first day of school.

There's a few things I've found out since I've arrived in Steubenville that I wish I had known a few months ago. I've been talking to a lot of Grad students and it sounds like I'll be able to take a lot less undergrad in psychology and be able to get into the Masters of Counseling program much sooner than I thought. There's a very small possibility that I can get in next Spring, and a very good chance that I can get in next Fall. That will rule out any possiblity of studying in Austria, but it'll shorten my time in Steubenville from 4 years to 2 1/2 to 3 years.

I also found out that there aren't any official Academic Advisors. There are only professors who are willing to help out in their spare time. They do a great job helping a incoming freshman set up their schedule, but they do not do a good job helping non traditional students get through school as fast as possible. I took a look at my schedule and how my advisor had it layed out for me and I realized that it would take me three years to get through UNDERGRAD if I wanted to go that route. It looks like I won't have to go through all the undergrad anyway, but I completely overhauled my schedule yesterday so that I could make it through in two years if I end up going that route.

Monday
10:00-11:50 Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
12:00-12:50 Motivation and Emotion (Psychology)
4:00-5:15 Elementary Spanish I
6:00-8:40 Personality (Psychology)

Tuesday
11:00-12:15 Principles of Psychology I
12:45-2:00 Foundations of Catholicism

Wednesday
8:00-8:50 Anatomy and Physiology I
12:00-12:50 Motivation and Emotion (Psychology)
4:00-5:15 Elementary Spanish I
Thursday
11:00-12:15 Principles of Psychology I
12:45-2:00 Foundations of Catholicism
Friday
8:00-8:50 Anatomy and Physiology I
12:00-12:50 Motivation and Emotion (Psychology)

No comments: