Sunday, October 7, 2007

Life In General

I need to work on making time every day to write in here. Right now the only time I'm ever taking time to write is when there's something awful going on. I guess that's partly because writing is a good way to get my emotions out and get my thoughts down on paper, but it's not a good way to keep track of my life. Most things that happen to me are good, they just never make it in here.

Maria and I talked shortly after my last entry and we've got everything worked out. She's really working hard on trusting me and I'm continuing to work on being a better man. It was a tough thing to deal with, and I'm still struggling with dealing about the guilt from my past mistakes and it's even harder to deal with my more recent struggles. I'm working very hard to try and live completely chaste and so far it's going well, but I have a long way to go before I'll be convinced that I've changed.

My parents came in town this weekend and it was really nice to get a chance to hang out with them. The only hard thing about it was that I didn't have much time to talk to Maria on the phone because I was spending so much time with them. It was good though because I hadn't ever had a chance to talk to them about her and this weekend gave me that chance. I would much rather be with her, but the next best thing is talking about her.

My parents did have a chance to meet her at my going away party and they had no idea at that time that we had any interest outside of being friends. I'm glad that they met that way because they were able to talk for over an hour so both of them got to see her in a different light than they would have if the first time they talked was when I introduced her as my girlfriend.

I'm going home this coming weekend because my friend Steve and Nicole are getting married and Maria will be coming into Lansing to spend the weekend with me. I'm very much looking forward to seeing her again. The distance is still really hard to deal with.

No comments: